Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Brave New World

Thank Ford, I am back to the civilized world! I can’t believe that the Director left me out here. When that storm came and I injured my head, I was doomed. I was taken by Indians, ones who did not even respect me and treated me horribly. I am Beta, not a reservation savage! Not only that, but the Director left me with a son, a child who wasn’t even decanted. How disgusting! I had worked all my life in the Hatchery and Conditioning Center, and then I was forced give birth to a child. There wasn’t even an abortion center in this savage place, and no soma to get me through my problems. The civilized world would have seen me as an embarrassment. I knew that getting back into society would not be easy.
When Bernard and Lenina came and brought me and John back to the civilized world, my dream came true. I was not meant to live in the reservation. A well conditioned Beta should not mix with Indians.
Living on the reservation was not easy at all. First of all, not everybody belongs to everybody else. I had to learn this the hard way, after the women of the village almost killed me for having their men. How queer they were. At least I had Pope. I am so glad that I am back to the World State now. On top of all of my problems I had John to deal with. I hated that child so much at first, but he was not that bad in the end. Having John was better than being alone. Too bad that all I had to teach him to read with was the decanting guide.
Now all I want to do is take as many soma holidays as possible. Just sit here and take as many grammes as possible. A gramme is always better than a damn! At first the doctor didn’t even want to give me so much soma, but I convinced him to. I think that he only let me have it because he wants to get rid of me. No one seems to like me here for some reason. I wouldn’t blame them after how I look from the reservation. I am just happy that I have my some.  I mean, I went years without even taking a gramme. I had to live on that gross stuff that Pope gave me, which made me feel horrible the next day. Soma only makes me feel good.
Poor John just doesn’t get it. He only knows what I have told him about the civilized world. I’m sure he is ok though. This place is sure better for him than that disgusting reservation. At least I don’t have to take care of him anymore, be his mother. Now that I look back at my time as a savage, the thought of being a mother is so gross. John has the whole World State to look after him now. He is so popular, and everyone wants to see. He even has caused that short little Bernard Marx to climb the social ladder. I’m not as popular as John, but I don’t really care. I am out of the savage land, and happy. No weaving, no queer rituals, no being a mother. Thank Ford its just me and my soma.
Time to take another soma holiday! This thinking is making me tired, I don’t know how John does it. Well, good thing I don’t have to think anymore now that I am back to where I belong. Never put off till tomorrow the fun you can have today!

No comments:

Post a Comment